Monday, March 14

We haven't been to the movies much over the past, well... 10 years.... but we did see Academy Award winning "The King's Speech". It was wonderful and highly recommend it.

The King is played by no other that Mr. Darcy himself, Colin Firth. 
(Swoon) ---

Now, you know my deep affection for Pride & Prejudice and the timeless romance of Miss Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. Literally, I could have that movie on every day and never get tired of it. I've also been thinking that it's been while since I've read it and need to begin the journey again . 

But, let's talk a bit about another great Colin Firth movie (not Nanny McPhee, though we love that one, too): 
The Importance of Being Earnest 

We happened upon it on again and oh, it is a joy. Smart, witty, romantic. 
(stars a young Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon, Frances O'Conner and Dame Judy Dench) - based on the 1865 Oscar Wilde play.

If you haven't seen it, or haven't watched it in a while, give it a go. It's lovely. 

{I'm happy to say that Hannah has developed a love for these movies, too. It's fun to watch her enjoy the costumes, romance, & English humor. I consider them "fancy" chick flicks :) }

2 comments:

Owens' said...

I have not seen that one...maybe one to watch together on your "vacation" to my house!

Mom said...

Glad Hannah has the same taste in movies. We are all romantics at heart. Old-fashioned love stories..they are the best, for the affairs of the heart never change.