Saturday, March 19

cailín Éireannach {irish girl}


*a little background: I love St. Partick's Day. I love the celebration of my Irish heritage. The fun, low stress, just happy and fun mood of the day. It's my favorite, non-religious holiday. I can't put it up there with Easter or Christmas, but for a day of celebration, I love, love, love it! * 
So -- Started St. Patrick's Day with this:




 The picture doesn't do it justice...but Jamee (my friend and co-worker)  decorated my desk with ALL kinds of Green Goodness...and gold coins all over the place... and a sweet little Leprechaun perched on my monitor. I was giddy with excitement. (it doesn't take much, people).

Then... St. Patty's Day Happy Hour (s)  at West Port with Jamee and Jill...



Which included *Fireworks*!!! (isn't St. Louis the best???) 
The tower was all lit up Green -- there was a blues guitar guy playing -- we sat OUTSIDE all evening -- just a fabulous, fabulous time. 

Here's a few Irish proverbs just for fun: 


A friend's eye is a good mirror.



God's help is nearer than the door.


Even the longest day has its end.


You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.


Brick and mortar make a house, but the laughter of children makes a home.








1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautiful, Happy posting! Love your desk and all the Irish accents. So glad to have my blogger back. And the words and sayings are always food for thought. Love you bunches. Mom