Thursday, January 21

just because

random thoughts to close out a busy, but fairly normal week------



  • My heart ached for my best friend who started back to work this week from her maternity leave. Lukas is being a good boy for the babysitter and they are adjusting, but it is so hard. He's such a precious, precious boy. 
  • I had a serious conversation today about how I feel sorry for the so-called "tomatoes" of the winter. Everybody hates them so much because they are mealy and pale and not worthy of the name they bear ... and they really can't do anything about it. 
  • I have found a creepy old guy face in the marbley tile of my work's bathroom floor and now when I ahem, go, that's all I can look at. 
  • I am so thankful that all 3 of my children like school and do well. I try not to take that for granted.
  • Jonathan's basketball season starts next week :) so fun! 
  • While other cereal's have tried, they can not replace my beloved Lucky Charms. Magically Delicious, ya know.
  • The above is what I am eating for dinner. (rebelling against my healthy eating lifestyle of 2 weeks)
  • I am sooo jazzed about this season of Masterpiece theater! 


  • Jane Austen's Emma starting this Sunday , then Northanger Abbey (on Valentine's Day) , and then Persuasion. PBS rocks. I have the Sense and Sensibility from this series on dvd and it is wonderful. I have seen the others and they are definitely a treat to watch. While they aren't the Pride & Prejudice BBC miniseries, my favorite all-time movie, they are worth watching. 
  • I love my electric throw blanket my mom got me for Christmas. I crank it up and curl up on the couch in the evening. It is also good for entice children who may otherwise be opposed to cuddling.
  • I am also finding that green tea is my new best friend. My mom is a fan, and I've always thought it was o.k. but I"m finding some really yummy brands and it's my 'pretend dr. pepper' as I try to be healthier. Believe it or not, it's working!
  • I'm still not loving the blog layout. I miss my blog roll and the template won't let me add it to the side:( 
  • I forgot how much I love random blogging. I'll have to do it more often ;)


2 comments:

Mom said...

So good to have you back! Sounds like you are settling into the new year and pondering family and friends. Glad you are keeping warm with the blanket and tea and thanks for sharing about the good shows upcoming on PBS. It is a wonderful network. I will check back soon. Lots of love coming your way!

Leigh Ann said...

I love the random blog...I find myself thinking like that....just random stuff.
And I must absolutely agree with you and the poor tomatoes of winter. I have recently passed them over because of their pale quality. (Thanks for making me feel a lil guilty about it...)