Saturday, October 24

Scouts




Jon Carter joined the Boy Scouts this year. He barely squeaked in, turning 11 the week of their first meeting. To say he's excited is an understatement. So far he's loved the meetings, has been devouring his handbook and the trip to the Scout shop was definitely a highlight (by the way, they have some really cool stuff in there for gifts!)

So, this morning he left with his troop for their first camp out. I'm missing him already. Of my three, he is my homebody and just not having him home and having the girls here without him is a little weird. He's been gone before, but this just feels different. The whole breaking-away-thing stinks for the mom.

I wanted to post some pictures of him in his uniform, because I think he's the most handsome scout ever. :) And, just so you know, I sewed those patches on all by myself. I'm a bad sewer and didn't enjoy it one bit. It won't be long and he'll be doing those himself.... yeah!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

He is such a handsome young man! I bet it does seem strange around there with him out camping. Hope he is having lots of fun, and I know he will learn so many cool things and be a super-scout. I am proud of you sewing those patches on--he looks even more grown up in that uniform. Glad he got in under the deadline and could be a part of the beginning of the troop. Thank you for sharing and I do know that feeling of having to "let go" as they grow, it's not easy!!! Love you, baby girl!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh. My. Gosh. He looks sooooo grown up...and so very handsome.
I hope he had a good camp out. Ty was disappointed he couldn't make it. But he will next time!!
Thanks for sharing!! (FYI....MY mom sewed Ty's patches on...whew...because I would have had to glue them on or something...LOL!)

Anonymous said...

You are so right!!! He is the most handsome scout I have ever seen! He will make the best scout ever!!!! It just makes me grin whenever I think of him camping out, etc. Love to him and the whole family. Aunt Linda